Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
The Academy is committed to helping all students to flourish regardless of their specific needs. We believe that every person matters and it is our responsibility to do everything in our power to ensure that every student realises their potential.
If a student has special educational needs (SEN), the Academy will take every reasonable step to identify and meet them.
Our ethos is based on an overarching theme of Inclusion; welcoming, encouraging and enabling all to achieve their best whatever the challenges may be in doing so.
As an Academy we:
- Identify children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) and ensure provision is made in accordance with the SEND Code of Practice
- Have an appointed SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator)
- Ensure that teaching is inclusive and support practices are embedded throughout the academy
- Ensure that all teachers understand that they are teachers of SEND
- Plan for transitions across all Key Stages
In line with the Special Educational Needs (SEND) Code of Practice these children are placed on the Academy’s SEND list. Their progress is closely monitored and reviewed at regular intervals. Individual Education Plans may be written for children with Special Educational Needs and are reviewed with Parents/Carers at SEN review meetings or by arrangement. If necessary the Academy is able to access many support agencies in order to help meet their needs. Click here to see the school offer/SEN information report. Alternatively click here to see the local authority offer.
SEND contact information
If you have any questions whatsoever relating to this SEND provision, please feel free to contact the school office or the following specialist staff:
- Assistant Principal for Inclusion & SENCO: Miss Kristy Todd – Kristy.Todd@oasisbroadoak.org
- Pastoral Manager: Mrs Teresa Loughlin – Teresa.Loughlin@oasisbroadoak.org
Our Commitment to Equality
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of Oasis. We have a passion to include everyone and a deep desire to treat everyone equally. We accept others for who they are and respect differences.
The Academy’s aim is to ensure that all its students achieve their full potential, regardless of differentiating needs. If a student has special educational needs or disability needs (SEND), the Academy will take every reasonable step to identify and meet them. Further information on the policy and provision for SEND can be obtained from the Academy. Students with SEND who do not have an Educational Health Care Plan will be admitted on an equal basis with others in accordance with the Academy’s admissions policy.