We take pride in each and every one of our pupils at the Academy, and know that they are equally proud to be wearing their Academy badge on their uniforms.
We have two local school uniform shops that provide our school uniform, local supermarkets also provide our school colours. We appreciate the rise in cost of living, therefore you can visit our community hub and we have uniform swap shops.
MCS Stores - 32 Market Street, Ashton-under-Lyne, OL6 6ER (Click on this link to view their website)
TOPMARK SCHOOLWEAR - 82 Old Street, Ashton Under Lyne, OL67JR (Click on this link to the website)
White shirt or White polo shirt (plain or with school logo)
Royal blue sweatshirt, cardigan, jumper or fleece (school logo preferred)
Grey school style skirt or trousers
Blue and White Gingham or Striped Dress or grey school style shorts (summer term option)
White / Grey / Black socks
Grey or black tights
Sensible dark plain school shoes (no trainers or high heels)
|Children are able to wear headscarves for religious beliefs.
Correct clothing and footwear are essential in all PE and Sport lessons for reasons of health and safety. We expect children to have a PE kit in school each day that includes:
- A simple drawstring bag
- Black shorts (or tracksuit bottoms for outdoor sessions)
- Pumps (or trainers for outdoor sessions)
- A white T-Shirt (a school jumper can be worn for outdoor sessions)
Jewellery & Personal Belongings
Children should not wear jewellery for school apart from a sensible watch and plain stud earrings. For health and safety reasons, children will be asked to remove earrings and jewellery for every PE session. In the event of children being unable to remove earrings before a PE lesson they will be asked to cover their earrings with either a plaster or medical tape.
- Please mark ALL clothing with your child’s name.
- Children should not wear make up, nail varnish or temporary tattoos for school.
- Hair: Our policy is that children do not have ‘extreme’ hair cuts for school as these can cause significant distraction and are not permitted when children go to secondary school. Hair colour should be natural and not coloured.