The Oasis Community Learning (OCL) family of academies are split into five regions of England – London and the South East, the South Coast, the Midlands, the South West and the North.
Each Academy ensures local governance through an Academy Council, whilst national governance is delivered through the OCL National Office, and Regional Directors (RDs).
Each region is supported by at least one RD who is accountable to the CEO of OCL, and accountable for the Principals of Academies in their region.
The job of a Regional Director is to:
- Oversee regional delivery of education, including standards and leadership as well as performance outcomes
- Ensure professional governance across all Academies in their region
- Monitor Academy budgets and escalations
- Monitor and escalate high risk HR cases, IT services issues, property and estates, new business and capital project issues
- Monitor, audit and intervene on safeguarding issues and health and safety issues
The Regional Director for Primary academies within the North region is Helen Arya.
Helen joined Oasis in 2011 as the Principal of Oasis Academy Limeside in Oldham, an outstanding converter academy. As the academy grew and became a National Teaching School in 2013, Helen took on the role of Executive Principal leading the academy into its second outstanding ofsted judgment as well as building a highly successful National Teaching School which holds a systems leadership position in the North West. Helen has been a Headteacher since 2004 and has held leadership positions in 4 schools across local authorities. She became a National Leader of Education in 2007 and since then her work has been focused on supporting school improvement and strategy as well as teacher training.
To read more about the governance structure, please click here.